Exam date changed for GPSC Nayab Mamlatdar, RFO, Office Superintendent, and other exams
The Gujarat Public Service Commission (GPSC) was formed under article 315(1) in the Constitution of India in 1 May 1960. To select applicants for civil service in the Indian state of Gujarat according to the merits of the applicants and the rules of reservation. It was formed in 1960.
As per Article no.316 Constitution of India, State governor has the power to select member and chairman of their own state’s PSC.
A chairman and members of GPSC can stay on their position till 6 years or 62 years..in both of them which is early.
Now Dinesh Dasa is the current chairman of GPSC.
GPSC Exam Date Changed/ Updated Exam Dates 2021
- RFO – 18/04/2021
- Nayab Mamlatdar / Dy. Section Officer – 09/05/2021
- Assistant Sahayak (GMDC) – 16/05/2021
- Assistant Security Supervisor (GMDC) – 23/05/2021
- Assistant Engineer (Civil) – 06/06/2021
- Industry Technical Officer – 23/05/2021
- Gujarat Engineering Service – 23/05/2021
- Admin Officer Gujarat Fisheries – 30/05/2021
- Admin Officer Gujarat Mining Department – 29/05/2021
- Officer Superintendent- 30/05/2021
Functions of the Commission
The following functions have been entrusted to the Gujarat Public Service Commission under Article 320 of the Constitution of India.
- To conduct examinations for appointments to the services of the State.
- To advise on –
- The matters relating to methods of recruitment to various Civil Services of the State;
- The principles to be followed in making appointments to civil services of the State and granting promotions, transfers from one service to another and the suitability of candidates for such appointments, promotions and transfers;
- All the disciplinary matters affecting the Government servants,
- The claims of reimbursements of legal expenses incurred by Government Servants in defending themselves in legal proceedings initiated against them for the act done or purported to be done by them while executing their duty;
- The claims for granting injury-pensions to Government Servants; and
- Any other matters that may be referred to the Commission by His Excellency the Governor